Browse by Category
Designed as a training aid and reference for laboratorians, this guide supplements standard clinical parasitology textbooks by focusing on practical information that has direct application to benchwork. It’s loaded with “how-to” tips, based on the author’s 30 years of hands-on experience working in clinical laboratories, to help readers perform accurate diagnostic tests and avoid common pitfalls.
The book features brief, accessible summaries of ordering and collection guidelines, diagnostic procedures, and artifact/organism morphology. Descriptions of parasites are accompanied by clear diagrammatic and photographic illustrations to facilitate identification. With its diagnostic algorithms, quick-reference tables, identification keys, answers to frequently asked questions, and extensive information on method selection and clinical relevance, this guide is indispensable for lab work.
Microbiologists, physicians, medical technologists, public health personnel, teachers, and students can depend on the Practical Guide to Diagnostic Parasitology. It will help them understand the pros and cons and successfully perform each collection, testing, and reporting option as well as provide clear educational information to patients.
· Easy-to-follow collection and ordering guidelines and diagnostic techniques
· Offers extensive discussion and a table to assist physicians with ordering the most appropriate diagnostic tests
· Extensive information on method selection, clinical relevance, and test menus
· Diagnostic algorithms, summary tables, and identification keys
· Comprehensive organism information on facing pages